David Shortte and Digby Beacham preview the 2017 Brownlow Medal.
Odds correct as at 9:30am 21 September 2017
Brownlow Medal Update (22/9/17)
Dustin Martin heads into Monday night’s Brownlow Medal count as one of the shortest priced favourites in history at $1.03 and it is hard to see the Richmond Star not winning by a space.
TABtouch have dozens of markets available for this year’s Brownlow – Below are some of the early movements in some key markets.
Winner Without Dustin Martin
- Tom Mitchell clearly best backed and has firmed from $2.40 into $1.95. Josh Kelly easy as a result ($3.00 out to $3.75).
Top 5 Finish
- Some money around for Lance Franklin ($4.50 into $4.00) and Clayton Oliver ($6.00 into $4.50).
Quinella Without Dustin Martin
- Tom Mitchell / Josh Kelly combination has attracted good support, shortening from $2.75 into $2.45. One bet of $1,000 @ $2.75.
Trifecta (boxed) Without Dustin Martin
- Tom Mitchell / Josh Kelly / Rory Sloane combination most popular and has firmed from $4.00 into $3.00.
Round 10 Leader
- Rory Sloane is $4.50 into $3.00.
Team Most Votes
- West Coast – Andrew Gaff $3.75 into $2.75 (Josh Kennedy $1.72 out to $1.90).
- Fremantle – Little change in market (Fyfe fav at $1.55).